Dec. 27, 2014
View of Torchy's Mueller Location Interior
It's been great to go to Torchy's new East Austin location in the Mueller neighborhood. It's a big restaurant with a lot of seating located on the corner of Berkman & 51st. It's got a couple of full bars and a huge outside patio to hang out on as well. It gets pretty busy at peak breakfast/lunch/dinner times, but the line moves quickly...although it doesn't hurt to grab a beer at the bar to have while you wait! The pricing is fairly affordable too, which is a nice break from what seems like an overall price increase in the Austin restaurant scene lately.
Check out the regular menu here: Torchy's Regular Menu
Torchy's Mueller Location Menu Board
Here's a list of the tacos available on the secret menu aka the 'Sacred Menu' (thanks KUT & Reddit user deathtocedars!).
- Missionary-Style Green Chili Pork: carnitas, pickled onions, guacamole, jack cheese and cilantro, topped with chipotle sauce and wrapped in a flour and corn two-tortilla tandem.
- Jack of Clubs: fried egg and grilled potatoes with black beans, tortilla strips and cheese; all topped with cilantro, sour cream and Torchy’s Diablo sauce.
- The Hipster: panko-breaded fried tuna, with bacon, green chilies, and black beans; topped with cilantro and cotija cheese, and served on a flour tortilla with avocado sauce.
- The Mad Cow: skirt steak with black beans and corn; topped with jack cheese, cilantro and ranch.
- Trailer Park Hillbilly Style: Torchy’s gauche standby is made even trashier with chorizo and chopped bacon atop the usual fried chicken tender with green chilies, queso and ranch, served on a flour tortilla.
- Ace of Spades: Jalapeno sausage link and grilled brisket topped with a fried egg, green chile queso, cotija cheese, sour cream, more cheese and Diablo sauce, served on a flour tortilla.
- The Matador: Chopped brisket and grilled jalapeno topped with pickled onions, jack cheese, avocado, sour cream and cilantro with tomatillo sauce on a corn tortilla.
I love the Jack of Clubs...probably my favorite breakfast taco right now...you just can't beat the runny yolk & diablo sauce combo on this one!
Full Bar Inside
Drink Specials (Happy Hour & All Day-Daily Specials)
- Happy Hour: Daily from 3:00-7:00, Monday-Friday. $1.50 off house margaritas & beers, $.50 off everything else. Bartender suggestion: Order a house margarita with a floater...the regular price of the margarita is $5.95 but with the happy hour $1.50 off, the floater which is normally an extra $1.50 is now included in the price!
- Monday: $4.00 House Margaritas, Rocks or Frozen (Lime, Mango, Strawberry).
- Tuesday: $2.00 Lonestar or Coors Tallboys, 12 oz. Tecate can, or Fireman's 4 Draft.
- Wednesday: $4.00 Deep Eddy Vodka Drinks.
- Thursday: $6.00 Signature Sips. These include the Torchy's Tini (mexican martini in a shaker), the Proud Mary (bloody mary with Tito's vodka, tomatillo salsa, diablo sauce, & bacon pieces...garnished with a piece of bacon, whoa!), or the Lorena (habanero infused tequila, with sweet & sour & Jarritos grapefruit soda).
- Friday: $6.00 Peg Legs. These are like beer rita's...a martini shaker filled with frozen margarita that comes with a coronita.
- Saturday/Sunday: $3.00 Weekend Cures. These are house bloody mary's, mimosas, and tequila sunrises.
Torchy's also just moved their headquarters over to Springdale Rd., between 51st & MLK. It's a great business addition to the eastside!
Huge Outside Patio With Full Bar!
View of Torchy's from 51st.
Damn Good Is Right!
Torchy's New World Headquarters On Springdale